Thursday, November 12, 2015

They say: But you like Bombay ….Right?

“Oh common Neha. It’s been almost 5 years now that you have been residing in this city. This city which is the source of your bread and butter, this city which has changed you in and out, this city which has fulfilled many of your dreams and paved the way for you to dream bigger…..I am sure you love this city….right??” And every time I come across this question, I think to myself that does this city deserves so much of appreciation and applause!! If it wouldn’t have been Bombay, I am sure it would have been some other city and I am also sure that in that city too, I would have carved a niche for myself.
They know about my achievements and positives but do they even know about all those hardships and rough and blunt falls that I faced….no one but I handled and walked through them …ALONE…just like anybody else would do if exposed to those situations …so yes, the situations were geography confined but reactions were mine.
I was born in a city that is still developing , is not home for many MNCs, not many puppets reside here, and may be ..Just may be people here are running with little less speed and are little more #happy.

I am in love with that land which lets me be , allows me to aim high and even gives me chances to achieve my goals, doesn’t judge me , doesn’t demean my gender….a land where I need to bother less about the time and more about my moods, a land where there is very little time for miniscule things like pretense , where friends become your family and meeting your family becomes a dream…a golden dream, a land where you experience life in a whole new fashion…you fall and you get up with no support…where you develop your opinions which I believe you deny to change for anyone, where each day is an accomplishment and where there is immense amount of calm water to wash away all your troubles and pains. YES, I am in love with a land like this. YES, I am in love with such people. And YES, I am in love with this thinking. You call it what? BOMBAY?? I call it a small portion of this huge beautiful planet and I am sure there are many more such areas and I wish to explore all of those…. you can name it whatever !

No comments:

Post a Comment